P T A
PTA MEMBERSHIP - PLEASE JOIN PTA – ONLY $5
Why should you join PTA? The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child. If your teacher gets 1 membership for every student in their class, they will get a $100 gift card to buy supplies for YOUR Class. This must be done by Oct 9. By joining PTA, you also help your school. Last year Starling Elementary PTA was able to help the school purchase our newest playground station. Starling PTA sponsors several family and student activities such as:
- $100 gift card for 100% membership – by Oct 9
- Back 2 School Bash
- Skate Night and Spirit Nights
- Member Movie Night – Free with a PTA membership
- Mother / Son Night
- Father / Daughter Dance
- Holiday Shoppe
- Accelerated Reader Program
- Red Ribbon Week Activities
- Honor Roll Breakfast and awards
- 5th grade activities
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Events
- Special Funding as requested by the school
You don’t have to be a parent to join PTA. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, older siblings, etc. can all join PTA and help your child’s school. Need more reasons?
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. Parenting is not easy—it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events—all vital to a school’s success.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.